Water drinking

dcullon

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
One of my pygmys drinks a lot of water. he is a wether and around 7 1/2 months old. Is there anything that could be wrong with him or does he just like the water? He seems fine otherwise. I have introduced a goat mineral block that they did not have before. But I didn't notice if he started it after that or not.
I'm still learning about these little guys. Yesterday we where having our coffee in the morning and looked out and the hole herd of 3 large ewes and 5 goats were walking down the road, OMG! They broke down a same part of the fence and off they wemt exploring. LOL. Thank God nothing happened to them. So we spent the hole weekend building a new permenant fence. :p
Debbie

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
How much water is he drinking? What you may consider a lot, someone else may consider normal. Since you aren't sure if this started after the mineral was introduced, there probably is a good chance that he is eating the mineral and then needing water. Most people have a problem getting males to drink water so I would just keep an eye on him. It sounds like there is a good chance that this is normal.

:welcome

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled that my wether liked water. Not drinking enough water contributes to urinary calculi, which kills a lot of males -- especially young wethers.

dcullon

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you guys, He really is great. I think he just likes to drink. He likes to drink with his head sideways. He gets his little beard all wet,LOL. I'm not going to worry about it. Like you said its probably nothing. I will keep an eye on him. Thank you so much for caring.
How do I put pictures on the post or make a profile? I uploaded them but don't know how to place them in my profile.
Debbie

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Go to "uploads," then to "my uploads," and highlight the words/letters in the box marked "image." Right click on the highlighted word, and hit "copy." Then go to where you want to post it, and put the cursor where you want the picture, right click, and hit "paste." When you submit the post and look at it in the thread, your picture should be there.

Be sure to resize your images. The third choice, 320x240, seems to work best. The biggest ones don't seem to work here.