1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nigerian Dwarf Goat - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

water for kits

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning and Raising Young Rabbits' started by Gary, May 23, 2019.

1. May 23, 2019
    Gary

Gary Overrun with beasties

my doe has a litter of 7 kits. they are about 2 1/2 weeks old. should i be giving them water now? some are getting out of the nest box and chasing the mom around for milk. i put a chicken waterer in there this morning

AmberLops likes this.
  2. May 23, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

We use the bottle that hangs outside the cage that is made for rabbits, our kits learn from the doe going to it and drinking.....not sure if you have one for f your doe, but you can lower it a little for the kits to drink on their hind legs.

AmberLops likes this.
  3. May 23, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

I have water bottles for my rabbits but they're the valve-type and the babies can have a hard time with those. They try to drink and some do just fine but I always put a bowl in the cage for them or a regular ball-type water bottle just in case ;)
    If you can show them the chicken waterer and let them know it has water in it, that might work just fine!