water

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Proper hydration is more important than food to rabbits.

ALWAYS remember, a Thirsty rabbit is a Hungry rabbit... Think Ducks, they won't eat without water being available. Same with buns.

That being said, in the depths of New England Hell, errrr Winter you will use anything that works to water your rabbits...

It depends on your housing arrangments for your herd...
If you have rabbits inside the house or in a climate controlled barn than bottle or auto waterers are fine choices as freezing will not be an issue.
If they are exposed to elements or cold than you cannot use bottles, it's simply not humane... With how often you'd have to be out there checking on the metal drinking tube for freezing, you might as well move in with the rabbit!
Use bowls or crocks. I have seen people use everything from dollar store plastic dog bowls, to expensive ceramic crocks and plastic lock crocks, etc. You name it...

dipence71

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
blk90s13 said:
Yep that's what I have to I learned my lesson with heated chicken waterers and heated dog bowls(buckets) you litterally get what you pay for in terms of pain in the a** trouble and such. I have 3 rabbits in 3 cages and they each have one and I have a regular water bottle in the 4th cage which will be for babies and growing pen for my meaties. I do not plan on having babies when it is freezing out so ....well that is the plan for now lol