1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Member need info, new to bee keeping - Help each other out discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Waterer question

Discussion in 'Everything Else Rabbits' started by Suzy74, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Feb 7, 2018
    Suzy74

Suzy74 Chillin' with the herd

I'm trying to come up with a simple automatic watering system, but am not the most handy so wondering if something like the following would work: Elevated 5 gallon bucket with tubing leading to PVC that has rabbit nipples attached. I'd run the pvc between the backs of the cages, so in theory I only need one piece of PVC per row. I can't find any plans for something similar on-line. Is it possible to directly attache the nipples to the PVC or do I need some sort of transition? Anyone have something like this? Thanks!

2. Feb 7, 2018
    mystang89

mystang89 Loving the herd life

Yes, that is very doable however you have to think about freezing whether and the PVC bursting because of it. I don't know where you're from or if that'll be a problem in your area. Also, I would make sure the nipples are slanted at at least a 45° angle.
    Just my 2¢