We did it...

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A42689ED-15C1-4978-97C0-758FBC95C3E7.jpeg
Oh my, we took the plunge. We got a Pyrenees, Anatolian and Kangal mix. She’s 4.5 months old. She was living out in the pasture with chickens, chicks and goats. She’s a mess and shy. She’s doing better in the car than I expected. She’s pretty and needs a name. We are headed to get her checked out at the vet. Send name suggestions.

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats!! Welcome to the LGD world! She’s precious!!

Names: Lacy, Sadie, Misty, Annie, Ellie, Maggie, Shelby, Zoe

I noticed they all end in “e.” I’m thinking this is because it’s easier to inflect and excited tone into those names. This is definitely something you’ll want to consider as the tone of your voice will effect how she bonds to you and responds to your commands. (LGDs are independent thinkers, not obedience dogs. They can be very “hurt” by your correction/discipline.)

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We haven't decided definitely on a name but have been trying out Lulu. Thats the name on her vet records for now. She was a hot mess. She was born outside with chickens and goats. Her mom was there a GP/AS mix and dad is a full blooded Kangal. She had never been to a vet, she wasn't socialized. It took forever for him to get her out of the 'barn' area. She was hiding under all kinds of stuff. Mom was very accepting. Dad didn't seem to care. They were all ambivalent to the farm animals. She was covered in ticks. The owner had given her a couple vaccines and was using goat dewormer.

She has visited the vet, had all the ticks I could find removed, bathed twice, ate, met the chickens, now she is laying on the deck with me and our other dogs. She liked the chicken yard. I guess it smelt the most like home to her. It was a riot trying to get her up the stairs. I didn't want her in the yard until she was dry and had flea and tick meds on her. The flies and everything were all around her.

I think it is going to take a bit before she will come to us. She is very timid. I took a break and ate. So if I thought going up the stairs was a riot, going down was crazy as well. Brought her outside so she could potty, we ate lunch on the patio. She is now happily laying in the mulch. I tried to coax her with hamburger and bacon from my lunch. She took the hamburger from me but I couldn't convince her to follow me. I may need lots of help figuring out how to bring her around.

Here are some pics of her cleaned up... I included our other 2 dogs, Tybee(labradoodle) and Panda(Bichon/poodle mix)
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG