We Got A New Horse!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is a smart horse!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How old is he supposed to be? He looks fairly young. He'll be a real good looking guy with some good groceries! I like him, he's nothing some dewormer and food can't fix.

If he's young, you might get a surprise growth spurt. Sometimes they play catch up when they start getting good food. Though he's about the size of Trav right now (he's 13.2HH) but he's over 10 and has never missed a meal in his life, lol.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's in the 8 year old range. Good feed, care and attention will bring out the beauty in this boy. We're going to set up the round pen by the barn for his entertainment value. The grands will have a safe place to play with him. Right now we have him in the front pasture by himself. He can see the sheep, dogs, chickens and other horses and they can see him. I wanted a little time to feed him and let him get acclimated to the place before I toss him to the wolves (other horses LOL). I brushed him this morning, quit, walked off and he followed me for more.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't blame you, from the skint marks on him, it doesn't look like he's top dog in the pasture and might get beat out of the feed. I had to do the same for Lucy, as Trav would gulp his down then go eat hers too (and the goats...horse is seriously a chow hound) and even though she was a lot bigger, he is definitely the dominant type horse. No reason for the skinnies to have to compete for food when they need it more.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have the barn, but there aren't individual stalls built yet. We can get the round pen set up and I can feed him in there.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went out and got a couple of pictures. It was hard to get one of his face, he is so friendly that he kept walking up to me. I got a good close up of his nostrils. LOL Haha, just noticed the wood chipper trucks are in the top left corner! Highline contractors are in the area and they are bringing us loads of wood chips, we are letting them park their trucks here at night.

new-horse-2-jpg.18408

I took a picture of his other side. He has remnants of what must have been a beautiful mane. The lady we bought him from said it was real long, but another horse chewed it off. :he

new-horse-3-jpg.18409

Latest posts