Changing goals and speed

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they definitely like my landscaping, and my neighbors. Betty chewed up the elm tree over there. Luckily, my neighbor is a really nice guy and has never complained. I'm pretty sure he finds amusement in me chasing the goats though, lol.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, here comes the bad weather. It's supposed to come in tonight, with potential for tornado warnings tomorrow. I'll be prepping today, I need to go comb manes out and put in their new little gadgets.
http://www.sierraviewranchgeneralstore.com/manestay

Check these out, for those of you with horses in crappy weather areas. I think this is a lot easier than what we did last time, which was to catch them when the storm hit (ok, I watch the weather more now, I wasn't aware it was that severe until a friend called me) and write our phone number and name on the horses with paint markers. Not so much fun or safe to do during a storm. These little gadgets clip into their manes and are waterproof. Pretty sturdy too, the clips are strong.
Depending on how much rain we get, I might be gone for a bit. My internet tends to get janky when it rains a lot - old phone lines I'm betting.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That area ya are in can sure get some sizeable storms moving thru, so being watchful is certainly a wise thing. It is always best to be prepared. Hope it doesn't get too rough out that way....we are suppose to have some all day Sat.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just took a gander at the NOAA weather radar... Looks like a pretty good batch of T-storms drifting across OK right now. Just about to get into OK City. Don't see any tornado warnings with any of them right now. there are a couple of strong storm warnings right on the TX/OK border near Witchita Falls TX. Bet they're giving a great light show though. Hang in there!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The tornado watch is for today but it's a low risk, they are saying it's going to be maybe up to tennis ball sized hail, and definitely a lot of rain. I got storm alerts last night but I don't live far from the impact range for Fort Sill (artillery school for those that don't know) so I can sleep through pretty much anything. I'm close enough to one range that it shakes the house when they're out firing.
It doesn't even look like we got rain where I'm at.
Late, you drove right by me, I live less than 5 minutes from I44. I guess they rescinded the warning at 3:40 AM, but it's supposed to kick back up around 10 this morning. Be safe driving in this stuff!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hell, if I'd have known you were only 30 minutes north of Witchita Falls, I would have done a detour to meet you for a late lunch or snack or something. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm passing through that area going or coming from CO. Looks like the south end of a major north south line of storms just passed you by to the north. Looks like some really solid stuff headed east.. Hope they have their yard stuff tied down.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah it's been surprisingly mellow, just some rain and light wind now.
Wichita Falls has some family history for me, so we're going to check it out one of these days. The Kell house down there belonged to relatives (I'm a Kemp, not a Kell though) - in the photos online my g-g-g-grandmother is sitting on the porch. My g-g-grandfather is buried in Granfield, and what's really cool is my g-grandfather saw Geronimo in the jail on Fort Sill when he was like 5 years old.

Here's a pic of the jail on Fort Sill:
017.JPG