Changing goals and speed

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I doubt it, I love routine. Anything that gets out of my routine really messes me up. I'm a busy person, and I plan ahead for projects, so doing my normal stuff on my normal days and keeping up really makes me happy. That almost sounds like a disorder, because I really flip out when things are all wonky.

ETA: Today is a good day. I finally fixed the mower, now the battery is low and it doesn't start, but it cranks, from the key. It only took a little duct tape. I feel accomplished. :)

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That's gotta feel like you just solved a rubic's cube... finally got the key to start the mower :lol::thumbsup:clap

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine was like that once....a dobber had started to build a nest in the key slot, so I had to clean it out....and now I just leave the key in it....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a nice truck. After all that has happened to you, you really, really need some boring time.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine was like that once....a dobber had started to build a nest in the key slot, so I had to clean it out....and now I just leave the key in it....:)
Spray a little lubricant into the key slot every couple months and most everything will stay away from and out of it. WD-40 or PB Blaster both will work.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So, weird thing. Last night we had a young LGD type puppy show up in our yard. No collar or tags, but had a bandanna on. She is maybe 4-5 months old and is huge! She's very friendly, loves my kids, and well behaved.
She had a fishing lure completely through the front of her lips under her nose, she was hooked twice with a treble hook and dragging 2 or so inches of a spinner and lure. She came right up to me when I called her, and I was able to get some wire cutters and clip the barbs off and pull it out. It was in a weird place, usually dogs will eat lures and get them on the tongue or in the throat, this was like someone went "fishing" for a dog.
I put up a found ad, nobody has called yet. I'm taking her in to scan for a chip as soon as the vet opens this morning.
Now, I don't know anything about LGD's, she appears to be a Great Pyrenees or mix of that and something else big, she's twice the size of our cattle dog already, but she seemed really out of place in the house, like she'd never been in before. Also, I don't think anyone has ever put a leash on her, because she seems confused. She is really smart though, and is picking up on being on a leash really fast.
Maybe I'm ruining someones LGD by treating her like a house pet, but I don't have anywhere else to keep her. My friend thinks someone probably dumped her, since we're pretty far out in the country, but I don't know. She's well fed, doesn't have any ticks on her (not that were there long, barely embedded so I removed them), only a couple of burrs that I combed out, so either she was just dumped when we found her or she lives close by.

Anyway, cute dog, and great temperament. If nobody claims her/I can't find her owners, I'm going to keep her. I know if she was my dog, I'd be looking for her.

I'm not sure what the mark on her nose is, it isn't active ringworm or anything. Maybe an old case of ringworm, because the hair is growing back.

Other than that, we've been swamped. We have a lot going on this month, luckily, nothing insane like the last month. Kids are going back to school, lots of projects to finish, and I haven't had time to be on BYH.
003.JPG

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good looking pup, I know if she was mine, I'd be sick with worry. I hope you find her owner. If she was dumped, then you just got lucky!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully things will workout for ya and it will be a good fit....she is darling....but, the story is sad, thinking about the lures stuck in her mouth. There certainly aren't enough hrs in the day with so much going on around ya and the many different "Hats" that ya wear during it....I'd be wore slap-dab out just changing the "Hats", much less accomplishing the work that goes along with it....:)