Weak baby pig

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Glad all our doing well :) Thanks for the update.

As for getting too attached, it is hard to say "goodbye" & I personally thank each pig that we butcher. That may sound silly but we truly are appreciative & we teach our kids to be so. When we are eating pork for lunch they will ask, "Is this so & so?" If it helps, call them all pork chops! It is good to be serious and not blase about it. Makes you appreciate life a whole lot more & believe you me you will enjoy all that yummy bacon.

Liz

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We get very attached to our pigs as well. Back in Sept took a pig to butchernthat I had nursed as a baby because he was having a rough start. He ended up w/ a deformed foot due to crowding in utero and he also had a sizable amount of blood still in his cord and was weak. We got him situated, took care of him for several months and I know exactly how he was born, lived and died. Very important to me. Love your pets, care for your livestock. You can care deeply and give them lots of snuggles and treats and make their life as wonderful as possible. But there are certain attachments I make to keepers that I don't to feeders. And all babies are cute.

What also helps is that by the time this batch is going to butcher there will be a new batch of piglets to snuggle.