Weather is PREGNANT!

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not really but you would swear hes carrying twins and sometimes triplets in there!
In the morning it looks like twins and later afternoon it looks like triplets.

I let him free range on many types of vines, trees, briars, weeds, etc and hes just gotten FAT!

I give them each a scoop of food every other day (if I give it to them everyday they dont eat as much of the stuff they are suppose to be clearing. He has normal poop, is active, clear eyes, no coughing, just normal.

Why is he suddenly (as in the past 2 weeks) really fat?

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Being fat and having a nice big rumen are two different things. If you have a wether with a nice big rumen, that's a good thing.

As to why his rumen's looking bigger over the last few weeks...has the vegetation really started to come in over the last two weeks?

I ask because it's been like that here.. They're not wanting so much hay, and they come in from grazing/browsing every night with big full rumens...which is good. :)

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
He does not look large anywhere but his stomach..
I guess its his rumen but I thought that was only on the left?
This is equal size on both sides

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You most commonly see bloat as a distension on the left side, but a nice big rumen makes the goat appear to be 'fat' on both sides.

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
You most commonly see bloat as a distension on the left side, but a nice big rumen makes the goat appear to be 'fat' on both sides.
Good to know! :thumbsup

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a big wether with a nice big rumen too. He does the same thing. As the day progresses, he gets bigger and bigger! By evening he looks like he's carrying triplets!

Actually all of my goats are like that, but this one wether in particular is the most pregnant looking of all! I have two young weathers that are trying hard to keep up and when they are older, will also look prego at the end of each day!