Wehner Homestead 2018 Breeding

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with @Goat Whisperer
We can get weights for Trudy, Mousse, Queen, Allure , and Poppy tomorrow. It is time to weigh them all again. We should have weighed them after fair but we have been so busy.
We had to lute a bunch so they have all been cycling making us and the bucks nuts!
I am looking at Trudy and Dancing Queen... I really would like to breed them this year if possible for minis probably.
I can tell you I asked what Sparkles sister is weighing... my friend weighed her this evening because I though Sparkle looked small as well.
Her sister is 91# (scale weight)
The girls look healthy they just look like they are growing more slowly.

LOL, because I know what it is like to get pics with goats that don't cooperate... I feel your pain. :D I was getting a good chuckle. Hunched up, then swayed. Feet up under, sloped rear... oh yeah I know the joy of the bloopers. I think one time we took like 200 pics of 2 goats and not one pic was worth saving! :rolleyes:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
CeCe has a good chance of being bred for minis but Sparkle... I'm thinking a no go. There is almost a 30# difference between her and her sister.
How are they doing with minerals? Cece I suspect is having some deficiency still as the baldness around her eyes. How are they doing with their minerals?
Their coats look great and shiny. What mineral are you using?
We are still having issues with mineral intake here. Our goats are brats. Spoiled brats that is.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t kept this thread up to date very well at all.

We have Jasmine (bred to King- hoping for improved escutcheon.) Day 145 is 3/11. All kids will be black/white as both parents are.

3/14 could be Day 145 for Snowflake or Nellie. Knight escaped and got in the doe pen. We then evicted them to the lean-to. Had to lute the little girls as I wouldn’t take a chance on them being bred yet. Not sure if either of the does in milk actually took though.

5/14 is Day 145 for Diamond and King. These will also be black/white.

We will do more breeding as 2019 progresses and I’ll start a new thread and try to post pics with breeding pairs.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Snowflake didn’t take when Knight escaped. Her production has slacked off greatly so she needed rebred. Jasmine tried riding her last night so DH got King out and let him have a go at her. He got her twice. Day 145 will be 6/17.

I think I’ll start a 2019 breeding thread for any further announcements.

Latest posts