MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are 8 weeks! I double counted on the calendar to check my math. It flew by! They have been mounting everyone since week one. I’m not taking any chances on them breeding their sister or mother so they got weaned together. I need to get the paperwork done to put Jericho up for sale. We aren’t in a huge hurry though since he makes such a good buddy for Jackson.
I wish we could trade. My little Zeus keeps mounting his sister. He is 2weeks and a pygmy. Lol. But Jericho is so cute. This is Zeus.
100_1516.JPG

100_1513.JPG

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t need another buck! Lol Jackson makes three ADGA registered bucks. I only have five Does right now if you count Jasmine! Hoping for a few more Does from the two (or three since Caramel with either be this spring or fall) left to kid. I have a reservation on two more Nigerian doelings from Ohio too. The breeder I got Diamond, Snowflake, and Caramel from keeps tempting me with kid pics too! I’ve also got a surprise under wraps that I’ll share in the upcoming weeks....I know y’all hate when something is mentioned and you have to wait on the details. I promise it’ll be worth the wait though! ;):p

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This new doe and my other 2week old doe now makes me 4 does. I hope this new one is OK when I get home. Do your bucks fight? Are they separated? I want a Nigerian buck. Pygmy's don't give me many colors like everyone else's on here. Are your kid bucks registered? What do you sell them for?

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
My new buck, Knight, is still in quarantine. Jackson is too little to put with them yet. They will all be together soon though.

I expect them to have to figure out who’s the boss. I will stick around to make sure it doesn’t get too rough. I wouldn’t introduce a new buck during rut though.

Jericho is registered ADGA. He’s been disbudded. Comes from impressive milk lines. His dam has freshened two years and had triplets each time. He will be $250, with his registration papers in hand (I think, have to discuss with DH.)

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Diamond has been trying to wean Jasmine too. I’m not ready for that. I feel like she needs the extra boost to her growth since her brothers pushed her out. Anyway, I’m milking about 2.5 cups from Diamond twice a day and can tell she’s holding back. I set Jasmine on the stand when I went to milk Diamond. It worked! I was ready to hold stamping rear feet but Diamond ate while Jasmine emptied one side. I will say that Jasmine is much quicker than I am!! I was still able to get plenty for DD2 so the plan will be to alternate sides and make sure that Jasmine nurses each morning. I got a pic for all of you pic lovers. Keep in mind my white goats look filthy from their DE treatment! (That’s a cat tail in the lower right corner. They think they have to help with anything on the milkstand.)
4C6CDF0D-DDBB-4179-8230-23B8F87044CB.jpeg

Snowflake’s ligs are looser. Day 145 is only a week away! Due to the surprise that will be unveiled later, the bucklings will remain in what was going to be the kidding pen and another pen is going to be built within the existing pen. (I’m beyond ready to have everything set-up properly but have to work with what we have for the time being.) I’m hoping DH can get that pen done tonight so Snowflake can start getting her evening ration in it so that she’s more accustomed to being in it. I’m thinking twins or trips for her FF...
E8DCF4B7-1054-4C94-ADCF-DF7B852E9527.jpeg

I mentioned that Nellie looked like she got pregnant fat overnight so I had to get a pic. It’s mostly an udder shot but you can see the DE mess on my black girl too. This will be her 2F and I’m thinking twins. Day 145 is 4/2. (Nellie doesn’t have the best udder at all but she milks our easily and gives it everything she has. She’s super sweet and has the best milk stand manners so I’m hoping to use our awesome bucks over her and breed up.)
8F2F8353-8748-4B60-AA5E-EC05BB27DCEC.jpeg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got more pics tonight as the weather was nice enough to be outside with the kiddos for a bit. (I also forgot to mention that the four does got to go on a walk-about yesterday on leashes with DD1 and I. We didn’t do too long as it was obvious the leads make them nervous. I’ll keep working on it though until their exit from the barn is dry enough to let them out or we get the exit put in that the cows can’t access.)

Snowflake: Day 145 is one week. I’m guessing twins or trips. FF.
B017C5E6-6203-42B5-95E9-59B803C52B90.jpeg

Nellie: 2F. Day 145 is 4/2. I’m guessing twins.
62850E98-6E98-483A-91C8-7549374E49B2.jpeg

And then there’s Caramel. I just really can’t decide. She’s been dry as of Tuesday (like can’t get anything out and didn’t even try a week to dry her up.) Her latest Day 145 could be 4/12...
AD6B2C0C-31EB-418F-AC12-E0FBAA0F87DE.jpeg
5D74946D-71E4-4754-B9C8-AC307675C5FB.jpeg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snowflake’s ligs are noticeably softer today and she’s started dropping! Day 145 is Friday!!!
Sorry that she moved her head as I took the pic and her ear hides some of her hip.
CD33EBC7-26D1-4A90-9957-9D09C27D972B.jpeg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is Day 143. Snowflake’s ligs are VERY soft and her udder is pretty full. She’s also obviously dropped now, as my not-so-observant DH even noticed. For being a FF, I’d say that she’d just have to get in gear and the kids would be here.

I’ll try to get a pic later.