Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You have been very busy these last few months. That’s a big increase on your herd. You have beautiful goats. Your kids make me want more little babies. Mine had of been 5-6# when they were born. Yours are so petite, and cute, eye candy. Causing some serious baby fever in me.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haven’t been on this thread to update.

Jasmine is growing well and is due in March.
She will be one in Jan. I don’t have any updated pics of her.

Ariel, Elly, Perdy, and Beauty, along with Summer and Leah are all growing well. No updated pics there either. Planning on breeding some for fall as they will all be one in April.

Snow White and Rapunzel are sweethearts despite not getting the time from me that the others have. Rapunzel is in fact polled. We disbudded Snow White and she seems to have no sign of scurs. (Other doelings we did seem to be good too...just need to get better at bucklings.) We still have these two nursing their dam. They get pulled at night so Caramel can share her milk.

Rapunzel
2FA9335F-8A01-41DA-B63A-B88901B8E387.jpeg

Snow White (best I could get...they want in my space lol)
48E8FB3D-2D16-4CBA-BEFF-2645C5C33B98.jpeg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are both cute but I really like Rapunzel's markings. We have one ewe we brought in last summer that is similarly marked that we are hoping to replicate when she lambs.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! Everyone wants her. Those markings sell for lots. I may sell her eventually but not until I see what her udder looks like. That will be the deciding factor for me, not her markings.

I’ve got to start selling based on production. Can’t keep some around that don’t like the milk stand or don’t improve udders (one buck is already on the line!)

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! Everyone wants her. Those markings sell for lots. I may sell her eventually but not until I see what her udder looks like. That will be the deciding factor for me, not her markings.

I’ve got to start selling based on production. Can’t keep some around that don’t like the milk stand or don’t improve udders (one buck is already on the line!)
Your goats are really beautiful. As I have said many times, I don't have much color in my herd as they are pygmy. My Izzy(Isabelle) will be 1 Feb. 28th. She is due to kid March 6th but she is already quite big. I saw her bred twice on Oct. 8th. She has begun making a small udder. It hasn't grown much in two weeks, though. She never wanted to be touched. I could catch her by the collar and lead her around but she never wanted to be scratched or rubbed. This month that is all she wants. She will scream until I come out and scratch her. Which I do so that I can feel her udder and for any kicking. I can feel the baby kick on the right side which I know is not digestion.

Latest posts