Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got an udder shot...
IMG_0037.JPG

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is Day 140 for Diamond. It's 28 deg right now and supposed to get up to 40s during the day over the weekend. Her ligs are soft, she's sunken more, and she didn't want attention this morning. Just waiting...:pop

So...Snowflake...breeder saw pics and thought she was huge for a April due date. I was thinking the same but I'm still learning. Anyway, found out she could be due Feb 4 from a tree on the fence that let 2 bucks have a party in the doe pen :cool:, or up to March 23ish from a different buck she was paired with prior to me selecting the buck that she would be due to in April. I thought I had definite dates and I don't. :heo_O Anyway, Nellie is due in April and looks nothing like Snowflake. I took updated pics of Snowflake last night. She's a FF. She has NO udder yet but her tail seems looser to me. Ligs are still pretty tight. :idunno Now I get to check her like a crazy goat lady until she kids! :\ :hide So anyway, I'm just praying for healthy kids! Oh and I documented feeling Snowflake's kids move earlier this week and saw movement last night. I noticed these changes when Diamond only had about a month left. When have y'all noticed these changes?
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG

We also started feeding Snowflake like she's in the last month just in case so we can try to prevent the metabolic issues...

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yup, she looks pretty pregnant... Maybe she's carrying quads? Ya never know! Best of luck when the eventual happens though!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's in the 40s!!! :weee
I took the opportunity to trim up Diamond's rear end. Today is Day 141. Ligs are soft on both sides and I caught her head pressing today. Some discharge but nothing significant.
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

DD2 was thrilled to get to go to the barn and couldn't understand why I wouldn't give her a bowl to milk Diamond! Lol

Went ahead and trimmed the other three Does and King's hooves so it was just done while I had a break in the weather. I almost trimmed up Snowflake too but since it didn't take long and her ligs are still very firm, I opted to wait.

Queenie enjoyed the trimmings from the hooves! :cool: She thinks she belongs on the milk stand too! There are four soon to be five cats and DD2 up there also! :lol: (Cats L to R: Oscar, Minnie, Mickey, Sophie, and Chester was on the floor getting ready to jump up!)
IMG_0059.JPG

One of the cats decided to consume a bird in the kidding pen :eek:. It was a feathery mess. :he Needless to say, I forked out the whole pen and put down fresh straw. Gotta have a nice clean pen for Diamond to have her babies in!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
DOE CODE!!!!! :barnie

Today is DS’ BDay Party. Diamond’s ligs were gone this morning and she had about an inch of very slimy discharge with irregular contractions. We fed her some grain and she’s now eating hay and I can barely feel her ligs again. :he Just kid already!! :fl This goat is stressing me out! :hu

On a side note, DS should have a neat fishing party. I’ll try to post pics in the journal. Praying Diamond behaves herself while I’m gone for the party!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
So...got home from the party...it was a success! :celebrateDiamond is still holding her kids hostage. Ligs are gone again. :thShe’s eating hay and acting like nothing’s wrong. I’m including pics. Today is Day 143.
Talk about low to the ground!
8352A14B-8785-4439-BDD2-28500B8E7571.jpeg

Look at those hips!
CD96F127-EF14-4601-932C-BB1BFBB05591.jpeg

Eating with Caramel...
CD0633CE-E2FA-45B6-B232-6AC5790FEC0E.jpeg