frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope it goes well! Don't know why a sitting doe makes me nervous... maybe just because she could be full of babies that make it hard for her to breathe when she's lying down. Hope it goes well and can't wait to see what she has for you!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sitting freaks me out! Not sure what’s up and I’ll have to get some sleep to process it all but I pulled twin does and both have nursed with a little help. I’ll give details after some sleep.

A96CB63D-D849-4572-AD73-D08EB4CA7F5C.jpeg

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
You mean you got rid of those handsome boys??

Yes. I bought the doe bred with an agreement that bucks from that breeding couldn’t be registered without her approval. Diamond’s udder didn’t meet standards and she agreed to let me keep one if I wanted and register it but not to sell as a herd sire. Her udder isn’t convincing enough to duplicate. I’ll be breeding to improve her udder.

I was raised with beef cattle. You send animals to market. It may be a bit callous but animals that aren’t fed at home for the freezer or kept to reproduce or aren’t sold for breeding purposes, go to market.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wish I could have gotten them to bred with. I have pygmy's so so Diamond's udder wouldn't be a factor.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Jeeze Mini... have you looked at craigslist? Here there are boy goats out the wazoo for cheap. I would think come kid weaning season, there would be all kinds of "unwanted" nigie boys available for you there.

ETA: Grats on two new doelings! Don't get much better n' that. :thumbsup the "ETA" because I'm up with reflux and not thinking straight/missing the obvious. :\

Latest posts