Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
The guys DH works with thought it was hilarious until one had his wife try making them. They are convinced now and several bring them in leftover. Their common name at his work is Oversized Meatballs. I grew up calling them Meatloaf. :hu Lol

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone on here have an Instant Pot? I love mine. In fact, I have two and often use both to make one meal!

Last night was Pork Spareribs...

To make your own, start by buying a pig. Lol

No, really. Anyway, need to get my freezer ready for more pork so trying to use some up.

Pork Spareribs

1 package (4 6” sections)
1 can sprite or coke
1/2 cup water
Bottle of favorite bbq (I used Kroger brand)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar

Combine last five ingredients to make a dry rub. Rub into each rib section. In Instant Pot, dump water and soda, along with a good dollop of bbq. Stack ribs. Put lid on and set to “manual”, “high”, and 20 minutes. Make sure that it is on “seal”, not vent.

I made three packages so tripled the recipe and added 10 mins for each additional package. My Instant Pot was almost too full and the ones on top didn’t get as tender as the rest.

When done, open the “vent” to release the pressure. Place each section on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil that was sprayed with nonstick spray. Brush generously with bbq of choice. Place in oven on hi broil for 3 mins per cookie sheet.

Enjoy!
EB3676D2-C892-42A7-B03B-557FA478A6A3.jpeg

56B7D85A-5178-4E9F-9BA7-A93C4CD6BCDA.jpeg

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those ribs look delicious!!!
:lol::yuckyuck:gig

We sure hope some day we can raise our own pigs. There are a few of them for sale we saw on Craigslist but at this moment we can't justify spending that money yet.
But we do have some ribs in the freezer, so maybe this weekend we can smoke some ribs and brisket!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many years ago I used to be one of those BBQ 'purists' that insisted the ONLY way to do ribs was over wood or charcoal. It was also a good number of years ago that I decided cooked about any way you want turns that great cut of pork into an excellent meal. Those do look delicious.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks delicious! I love making lasagna and any kind of stuff pasta. I also love to make my own tomato sauce. I'm Asian but I'm convinced that in my past life (if there's such thing), I must be Italian! :lol:
I usually freeze my lasagna as well but they are cooked. It makes for an easy weeknight meal.
If I remember right, China was originally responsible for stuff like pizza and many noodle recipes, so for all we know, they could have invented lasagna. I love Italian dishes, too, so I must of had a past life in Italy.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone on here have an Instant Pot? I love mine. In fact, I have two and often use both to make one meal!

Last night was Pork Spareribs...

No, really. Anyway, need to get my freezer ready for more pork so trying to use some up.

Pork Spareribs

1 package (4 6” sections)
1 can sprite or coke
1/2 cup water
Bottle of favorite bbq (I used Kroger brand)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar

Combine last five ingredients to make a dry rub. Rub into each rib section. In Instant Pot, dump water and soda, along with a good dollop of bbq. Stack ribs. Put lid on and set to “manual”, “high”, and 20 minutes. Make sure that it is on “seal”, not vent.

I made three packages so tripled the recipe and added 10 mins for each additional package. My Instant Pot was almost too full and the ones on top didn’t get as tender as the rest.

When done, open the “vent” to release the pressure. Place each section on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil that was sprayed with nonstick spray. Brush generously with bbq of choice. Place in oven on hi broil for 3 mins per cookie sheet.

Enjoy!
View attachment 48031
View attachment 48032

I got one for last christmas and made ribs in it. They were the best ribs Id ever had. Fall off the bone tender. Everyone should have one. I made bbq chicken wings, turkey, beans in it, and O.M.G. were they good.

Latest posts