Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
She's a beautiful girl and I'm glad she found you folks as her forever family. She could NOT have done better and I'm sure she knows that.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I snapped a few pics of the kids enjoying the upper 40s outside tonight. I'm including a pic of the kids swinging, a sunset with cows in the foreground, and how we milk. The last pic shows our milkstand and how DD2 stays entertained (SAFE) during milking. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9543.JPG
    IMG_9543.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_9552.JPG
    IMG_9552.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 131

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Is that a large rabbit you have up there on that milk stand? :lol::gig:hide:smackThose kids are really going to it on the swings. Ahhhhh to be a kid again...:)

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is that a large rabbit you have up there on that milk stand? :lol::gig:hide:smackThose kids are really going to it on the swings. Ahhhhh to be a kid again...:)

Bahahaha!!! That's a Nigee. Her name is Nellie. My mom actually sings a song about "Sweet Nellie's Milk" to the tune of "Mary Had a Litte Lamb." It cracks the kids up. She used to teach K,1,2 but retired when we found out about DD2's medical issues. She watches her when I work! Nellie obviously isn't fazed by the kids. In fact, she thoroughly enjoys them.

My kids are true farm kids! They would rather be outside unless they are sick. One of their favorite things to do is throw rocks in the creek that runs through the property. They also like rolling down the hills. Hunting for worms is like digging up gold with them. Never a dull moment. They even "helped" with square hay bales this year! Now I've got to attach more pics! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_8063.JPG
    IMG_8063.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 130