Weight and price of different cattle

COWGUY1123

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi, I have a small backyard herd of cattle and was wondering if people on here could help me out. I am going to start selling my cattle in a year or two and was wondering how much they would be worth(BTW i live in Western North Carolina right next to Georgia and can travel to Tennessee). In about one to two years this will be the age of my cattle. An 8 year old full Jersey milking cow. A 2 year old full jersey steer(wont cost anything to feed next winter. have plenty of pasture for him). A 23 month old full Holstein bull. A 26 month old full black Angus bull( at under eight months was over 600# for $1200). Last but not least, a 26 month old jersey/Holstein mix girl.None of the above cattle have been bottle fed for more than a week and all of them got their colostrum. Will try to post pics of them as they are right now at the ages of 6 year old jersey milk cow. 8 month old black Angus bull. 7.5 month old jersey/Holstein heifer. 7 month old jersey steer. And a 5.5 month old Holstein bull. If anyone could give me an estimated worth of my cattle as they are now and in 1-2 years it would be much appreciated. All have been wormed as well.Within the next month or so I will have(fenced in) 1.5 acres of good tall fescue grass,2.5 acres of good tall fescue grass, 3/4 to 1 acre of tall fescue grass, 1 acre of good tall fescue grass, and about 30 acres of land with tons of littleish trees with leaves along with tons and tons of kudzu. So any advice is also welcomed and appreciated.

Latest posts