Weird throat lump on lamb

Mpwelch50

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a 6 week old Dorper lamb that I got when he was 24 hours old. Healthy. Strong. Eats like a horse. Not around any other sheep or goats since birth. He has 2 soft lumps where the throat meets the jawbone. They are small. About the size of a grape. They popped up this morning. When I got him, he had maggots in his navel and it took a week to get him cleared and cleaned of that mess. But since then, he’s had no issues. He is a little young for CL isn’t he? I haven’t vaccinated him because of his age and not being around anything else but the dogs. The knots aren’t hard like abscesses, although they are moderately firm. Of course it’s Friday and the vet took a long weekend. Any thoughts would be welcomed. TIA, Michelle

Mpwelch50

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
EBB50916-9E22-43E6-AFEE-CABDE9BB862B.jpeg
EBB50916-9E22-43E6-AFEE-CABDE9BB862B.jpeg

Mpwelch50

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I would love a photo of him standing at ease, from the side of his face. To me, that looks a lot like milk goiter, a perfectly harmless goiter that appears (more often in hair sheep) when lambs are well fed.
I will get one tomorrow. He is certainly well fed. And spoiled rotten. Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if anyone would respond. My experience is over 30 years old and strictly with Suffolk 4-H sheep. The lumps look like wattles almost when he is resting. Till tomorrow. Michelle