WELCOME BackYardHerds! New Site, New Format, New Herds, Same Friends!

reinbeau

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a slower paced, more mature chatroom available for those of us who don't like the current BYC chat setup. Sorry, but I really don't like the childishness that goes on in there :rolleyes:

okiron

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
It would be nice to have a slower paced, more mature chatroom available for those of us who don't like the current BYC chat setup. Sorry, but I really don't like the childishness that goes on in there :rolleyes:
Lol the only time I went into the chat there was only 1 other person there.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
We've got it on the todo list, but it may be a while.

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Change the rules to read BYH's instead of BYC's.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Done!

jojo@rolling acres farm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new and I just love this site - love Backyard Chicken site as well. I have a question...under the baby "cow" category...why not use the word or term "cattle" instead. Young bulls and steers are not baby cows. The term cow should only be used for adult females. Maybe the last category could be called "Everything Else Bovine." I just had to ask...I hope I haven't upset anyone - it just seems like a site - that is meant to help educate members should use the correct term/terms. Thanks for your time...I appreciate all that you do.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a valid point. I'll let Farmer Kitty and the others with experience make the final call.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It would be something that would need to follow through with all the animals. Example: Instead of "Baby Cow" it should be "Calves" or Instead of "Baby Goats" it should be "Kids".

I think we used "Cows" instead of "Cattle" due to combining over from BYCows.

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could move posts in the other pets and livestock section from BYC to BYH's when people are posting about goats, horses, llamas...etc.
Sounds difficult to me but I thought I'd ask since mods can move posts to different areas. I just didn't know if you could move it to a different site.