Well, let the games begin...

rbruno

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Pick up my two Berks yesterday. They were still in the pen this morning so I will say we are off to a good start. Hope the next 5 months go as smoothly. :)

IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
And the adventure begins! LOL They sure are cute! I love the picture of them with the big black horse looking at them.
This is going to be fun!

rbruno

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Its funny. The one in the picture doesn't like dogs but has no problem with the pigs. The one not in the picture used to let my dog walk around him and under him and never bother him and he is the one that doesn't like the pigs. He keeps pacing the fence line and acting territorial with the pigs. Strange. I am going to run an electric wire across the top of the pig fence to keep him off of it. The last thing I need is the pigs escaping because my horse made a mess of the fence. I didn't expect it at all from that horse. The one in the picture maybe. That is why I was standing close when he came up to the fence for the first time because I thought if anyone was going to give me trouble, it would be that one.
Rob

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was riding bareback on my old gelding that NEVER spooked, with nerves of steel, down the driveway when pigs rushed the fence grunting and squealing. It was our first feeder pigs, probably the first he’d ever seen. They scared the liver out of him. He wheeled around in a fraction of in instant, catching me unaware, and I flew off like I had wings. Of course I didn’t fly very long or very far and gravity kicked in. Then he acted like I threw pigs at him or something, and was not going near them ever again. LOL LOL

Stephine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think horses have a special fear of pigs because of wild boars - seems genetic, like donkeys hating dogs. It seems your dog loving, pig hating horse just has better sense than the other one... He knows those cute little ones will be big and dangerous one day and he wants to get rid of them while he can....

Stephine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think horses have a special fear of pigs because of wild boars - seems genetic, like donkeys hating dogs. It seems your dog loving, pig hating horse just has better sense than the other one... He knows those cute little ones will be big and dangerous one day and he wants to get rid of them while he can....
Congrats, also, they are adorable! Hope they stay friendly!