We're new to donkeying

Apaulsen2890

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They sell treats at any feed store. We give ours everything from sugar cubes to apples to peppermints. Some like things more than others.
Also, fly spray is a great thing! Lol There's also lavarcide (I think that's how you spell it) blocks which help cut down on the fly population. We use them with our horses and cows and they're great. And they have molasses in them so they're like a treat. Just don't leave them out in the rain or they'll deteriorate pretty quickly. The blocks are around $15 and well worth it!

MayBFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Alright great great thank you

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put the halters next to their feed pans so they will get used to them. When they no longer care if those terrible halters are next to their feed pan, slowly take the halters out and touch them with the halter. If they shy away, drop it back next to their feed pan and wait for them to come back and eat. Let them eat and try again the next day. You might even drop the halters in their feed pans. It is amazing what a little feed can do!

MayBFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok y'all just for a little update Jen is getting more associated with us. I can sit by their feed pan while they eat, she doesn't mind much and she'll eat a little out of my hand but is still a little skittish. Forrest started being a butt head and gives us the stank eye but only when Jenny comes up. When I pull up to feed them a treat of pellets he lets me know he can hear me calling them up. He has been rolling to and getting some of the fuze his last humans didn't brush off him but she won't and they need to be brushed bad. I can send them through a squeeze shoot but I don't want to. the fuzz needs to come off bad and I need to treat them for flys and antiplas(we had a cow go down with it). Should I wait on my farrier to do all that or just do it myself? I'm going to put up pictures later!

Reactions: TAH

Latest posts