We're new!

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello,
we live in Oregon. We are thinking about getting a farm in Eastern Oregon. So we wanted to get onto a forum where we could ask questions and hopefully get answers from experienced farmers. We have a love for getting dirty, animals, growing our own food, and working hard. Is there anyone that is in the are of Eastern Oregon that is a farmer? We look forward to hearing from anyone that loves to give helpful advice. This would be our first big farm. It's 400 acres!! Has angus on it, horses, and hay. Oh and elk, deer, and antelope. My husband is a butcher, and I am a stay at home momma. We have two kiddos. Take care and have a great day!

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you! Oh that's great to know, thank you very much!

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH :frow

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We were also wondering, what kind of dogs do you guys like to have on the farm? We have a rotti, and just had to put our border collie/golden retriever down. :( He was 13 and the best dog ever. We are wanting to get a good farm dog. Any suggestions?

kinder

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH :frow..all the way from VERMONT !!!

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My husband and I are wanting to get all the info we can get from you great people! Do any of you grind your own coffee/flour/peanut butter? If so what kind of mill do you use? What kind of farm dog would you suggest? We have a rotti now. Do you know of any good books or forums to find out about farming? We are looking at buying a 400 acre farm. It's exciting and yet so scary. We want to do as much research as possible. We live in Oregon. So PLEASE any info would be great. We have checked out books at our library, looked online and have talked to family members that have a small farm. Thank you for any info you want to share. Take care and have a great rest of the day! Oh and also anyone make butter, have milk cows? Any info on this would be great too!

Latest posts