Wesson(Neosporosis) So Stubborn! Coyote wounds now!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
How's the old fella doing? Feeling any better/healing up I hope?

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was just telling someone else that I would like puppies. 4 would be just right. Then I wouldn't have to worry about finding homes for the extras! Kimber and my new male are from different areas of Turkey and Kimber's PennHip scores are great! But I am really only interested in breeding more for myself.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Latestarter, Wesson is driving me nuts. He is currently staring at me wondering why my fingers are messing with this thing instead of his head... He keeps waking me up all night trying to get me to let him outside! I will only let him in the back yard and this annoys the heck out of him! His wounds are healing well and there is no sign of infection. They are itching though and I keep threatening him with the cone of shame.... ;)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Convincing her to only have 4 pups might be a challenge. But you know that good LGDs are a treasure so you might be doing the LGD world a favor.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, we have 2 years before we have to cross that bridge! I do like the idea of "convincing" her to only have 4! Ahem, "Now Kimber dear, you and (male pup) do great guarding the small goat pasture. But we need some extra help near the barn with the wethers, extra bucks, chickens, and piglets... We also need some in the larger back pasture with the growing piglets, goats etc... The nice part is you only have to deliver 4 pups! Lets stick with that number shall we?" :lol:

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Oh if were only that simple!

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Mel doesn't stare... he walks up and forcefully injects his fat head under my arm lifting it up and away from the keyboard and then moves around until I get it right. Or he'll put his big old paw up (or both) and pin my arm down until I turn and give him the attention he so rightly deserves right that minute ;)

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh my @Latestarter! That is exactly what he usually does! I told him he had to "go" so he backed up and just sat staring at me wanting me to look at him (which he takes as permission to try again)!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was in High School we had a rescue collie. When you were sitting in an armchair, she would come up from behind and shove her long pointed nose between your upper arm and body. Then she would walk with her muzzle lifting your lower arm until your hand was on her head. She would keep walking until your hand was on her rump.
"Ah, that's the spot!"
"Don't stop!!!"

And if you stopped the process would be repeated.

Latest posts