Wesson(Neosporosis) So Stubborn! Coyote wounds now!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The last thing she wanted to check was to see if it's coccidia. She prescribed clindamycin as the treatment was cheaper by far then the test. There has been no change however. I called today but did not get a call back. She said if that doesn't work is most likely auto immune. A muscle biopsy could narrow it down. Hopefully i will here from them on Monday.

I'm not really sure i understand the cocci as an option unless cocci in dogs are far different than in goats.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Did I mention my lack of trust in this vet? Anyway, she wanted to do blood test to test for it. $130. Really wishing I had my centrifuge set up right now. Really wishing Wesson did not get so sick on long drives. On Monday I am considering calling UT. I may just not feed him or give him water for a while then take him there instead. Depends.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol. Did I mention my lack of trust in this vet? Anyway, she wanted to do blood test to test for it. $130. Really wishing I had my centrifuge set up right now. Really wishing Wesson did not get so sick on long drives. On Monday I am considering calling UT. I may just not feed him or give him water for a while then take him there instead. Depends.

I know it is a lot both on Wesson and the pocketbook but why waste another dime... get him to UT. :hugs

On another note- I think it is funny you mention the centrifuge... my one vet is always telling me to get a centrifuge and I keep saying... uh no that is why I have you. :lol:

If I ever get to build my barn the way I want and have my procedures room... maybe then...

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
On another note- I think it is funny you mention the centrifuge... my one vet is always telling me to get a centrifuge and I keep saying... uh no that is why I have you. :lol:

If I ever get to build my barn the way I want and have my procedures room... maybe then...

I found it online. Old as can be, solid as heck but with all the options I wanted for a decent price. It is a swinging centrifuge to make FEC's easier to do. But my house is kind of a mess. We will have an extra room soon and I plan on setting it up in there along with my school stuff. Not that helpful now.

As far as Wesson goes, The only other contact I will have with the vet up here will be via the phone. Anything else will go through UT.

Side note, he is in the backyard and kept pacing so we brought all the goats in from the pasture into the backyard. One of the goats got stung by a bee so Wesson spent the last two days eating/killing all the bees on that nest.....

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know! I have so many stories of him protecting our livestock.

Now for an update. The cocci treatment had no affect. Vet wants to try steroid shot. She thinks it is an autoimmune disorder and said steroids can help symptoms of autoimmune. I am waiting for a call back from UT.

Latest posts