West Virginia!

peachick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi WV I thought Id join the neighboring states.
I am in MD....

overeasywv

Just born
Reaction score
Summers County here, outside HInton.

It all started with chickens. I raised a batch shipped from McMurray as day-olds, mixed breed pullets (but I got the customary "mistake" roo, a black "Blue" Andalusian. Then, I thought "Why not get Guineas?" Well, there are a few reasons why not, but I have a small flock of those now, raised from little keets. The turkeys were an accident. I saw them available on Craigslist, and I had had thoughts of helping preserve some endangered heritage birds, so now I have 3 Chocolates and 2 Bourbon Reds, but most are turning out to be Toms. Still, I do like them. The mental impairment worsened in late summer, and I went down to Cedar View Farm at Ten Mile, TN and came back home with 4 beautiful Nigerian Dwarf Goats (ADGA Registered, my herd is IONA). The two does I believe to be pregnant, with one due Valentine's Day (brrr) and one Tax Day. Goats need guarding, so I also picked up 2 guardian dog pups, 9-week-old 3/4 Pyr, 1/4 Anatolian males, now 3 1/2 months old and the size of a VW Beetle. They are way too cute, sweet, and pretty to leave alone! But they soon go into the goat pens, 1 for the bucks, 1 for the does, with chickens and future ducks (Ancona and maybe Welsh Harlequin) enclosed within the doe pen and turkeys and future geese (Cotton Patch) enclosed within the buck pen. I already have a service dog, a Standard Poodle, who is with me always and who fortunately loves the pups, but unfortunately, intends to murder all the poultry, for my own protection of course,

I'm a retiree, living on 11 steep, wooded acres with a creek, doing at last something I always wanted to do. I'm always interested in chatting and maybe meeting others similarly afflicted with love for animals. I hope to have several really nice registered ND goat kids for sale in late spring/summer.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Whew - you fell hard, huh? Love your story and it really isn't that different from a lot of us here! Glad you're here and will be waiting for more stories of your adventures!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome! Great intro! quite the menagerie you're creating :D OK, so nobody has mentioned it but pictures of your animals are pretty much mandatory :clap We're a bunch of pic addicts here. :D =D Look around and make yourself at home!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Summers County here, outside HInton.

It all started with chickens. I raised a batch shipped from McMurray as day-olds, mixed breed pullets (but I got the customary "mistake" roo, a black "Blue" Andalusian. Then, I thought "Why not get Guineas?" Well, there are a few reasons why not, but I have a small flock of those now, raised from little keets. The turkeys were an accident. I saw them available on Craigslist, and I had had thoughts of helping preserve some endangered heritage birds, so now I have 3 Chocolates and 2 Bourbon Reds, but most are turning out to be Toms. Still, I do like them. The mental impairment worsened in late summer, and I went down to Cedar View Farm at Ten Mile, TN and came back home with 4 beautiful Nigerian Dwarf Goats (ADGA Registered, my herd is IONA). The two does I believe to be pregnant, with one due Valentine's Day (brrr) and one Tax Day. Goats need guarding, so I also picked up 2 guardian dog pups, 9-week-old 3/4 Pyr, 1/4 Anatolian males, now 3 1/2 months old and the size of a VW Beetle. They are way too cute, sweet, and pretty to leave alone! But they soon go into the goat pens, 1 for the bucks, 1 for the does, with chickens and future ducks (Ancona and maybe Welsh Harlequin) enclosed within the doe pen and turkeys and future geese (Cotton Patch) enclosed within the buck pen. I already have a service dog, a Standard Poodle, who is with me always and who fortunately loves the pups, but unfortunately, intends to murder all the poultry, for my own protection of course,

I'm a retiree, living on 11 steep, wooded acres with a creek, doing at last something I always wanted to do. I'm always interested in chatting and maybe meeting others similarly afflicted with love for animals. I hope to have several really nice registered ND goat kids for sale in late spring/summer.

Welcome from Texas! Glad to have you on the forum, join in the fun!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA -- from one who was born in Parkersburg!!
Dad from Parkersburg, mom from Elizabeth. Wirt county.

Haven't been up there is years but, fond memories -- EXCEPT for the car sickness in the mountains on every trip! :eek:

Question -- who ever told you to "sell the kids" ????? :idunno What? Really ???? People DO THAT? :hu Goat math wont' allow it. :hide Just wait, you'll see. :p

Latest posts