Wet Cough: What Should I Do?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I apologize that you mistook my response as "belittling" you. I simply responded to your post and quoted what you posted. Best wishes moving forward.

Cdevore

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I apologize that you mistook my response as "belittling" you. I simply responded to your post and quoted what you posted. Best wishes moving forward.

Thank you and my apologies for mistaking your tone. I felt attacked by the way you worded your response. I read it as "its folks like me... Causing parasites to become resistant." The only reason I asked this question is bevause I have read about lungworm and almost everything i have read says that testing is a waste of time because it is almost impossible to detect. I read that you should treat it anyways and if their symptoms clear up then you "guessed right." I was also rubbed the wrong way when you said,
You don't want to give them antibiotics despite indications of an infection...
. I have no problem whatsoever giving an atibiotic when needed, but like I said previously, I did not know this may be an infection because I was not aware that a temp of 103 is a little higher than it should be. That is why I wanted to get opinions from others who have more experience. Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
No need for your apologies.

:hugsIt's difficult as the communication is lacking dimentions... inflection for one and most important, no visual cues to interpret. Some folks tend to be rather "short"? terse? un-sugar coated? non PC? However you wish to phrase it. I go back and forth as to post help to folks, and sometimes periods when I don't (generally after a misunderstanding like this), because it seems I sometimes say things in such a way as to garner a reaction such as yours. It's not just me this has happened to... and it's the medium's fault, not any person's.

I, like everybody else on here, simply wants everyone to be successful and enjoy their experiences. We all try to help as best we can when we think we have something of value to offer. I truly do wish you all the best moving forward. I hope things work out perfectly for you and your goats.