Wether Goats with a new kid

Raven17

Just born
Reaction score
Currently have 3 pet wether Nigerian Dwarf Goats who are 3 years old and are extremely sweet but sometimes one of them are a bit rough with the others. We were looking into getting a Boer goat kid that will be wether too. But we have concerns on them getting along. Anyone have experience or any advice? Thank you.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Currently have 3 pet wether Nigerian Dwarf Goats who are 3 years old and are extremely sweet but sometimes one of them are a bit rough with the others. We were looking into getting a Boer goat kid that will be wether too. But we have concerns on them getting along. Anyone have experience or any advice? Thank you.
One will always be the dominant member of a herd, ...I would suspect that the size of the Boer when grown will put him at the top position...that being said, he MAY be a little too bossy and ( could) injure the smaller sized goats....;)
Worst case...if he is a problem you can send him to "freezer camp"...:idunno

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
One will always be the dominant member of a herd, ...I would suspect that the size of the Boer when grown will put him at the top position...that being said, he MAY be a little too bossy and ( could) injure the smaller sized goats....;)
Worst case...if he is a problem you can send him to "freezer camp"...:idunno
X2

Always a bit tricky adding one to a long established herd.

Have the ones you had always been together?

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or the Boer may be so bullied by the 3 adults that he will be at the bottom of the heap. Have had tiny dogs bully my Anatolians, and our 10hh pony bossed all the larger horses around too. Little man syndrome!

Just be careful with introducing a young kid to an established herd, no matter how big he is.

Latest posts