Wether Suddenly has Sensitive Skin

GoatiePal

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
One of my two boys, Moe, who used to enjoy/tolerate? being brushed, now runs and hides when he sees it in my hand. This behavior came on suddenly. One day okay, the next not. I keep them extremely clean and handle them many times a day. Even taught my guys tricks. Frankie is fine, but Moe is shedding alot. I've searched for pests and haven't found any signs. Nothing new to their diet. Anyone who could give me a clue on why my guy has sensitive skin so suddenly?

GoatiePal

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sunburn. Thanks for that interesting idea. However, not too likely here on the Oregon Coast this season. Overcast and drizzling for awhile. Moe's hair is very thick. It is getting warmer and I was brushing him to get some of his thicker undercoat off. Just checked him again a few minutes ago for pests, but I'm convinced that's not the cause. He still lets me pet and rub on him. Perhaps the new brush I used was too sharp for his liking, and now he's just skiddish. Maybe he's just being a goat!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The above is the reason it's suggested that folks put at least their general location in their profile... It often has a bearing when asking for or offering advice. :hide

To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks!

Latest posts