Wethered goat uses?

Junior

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What do you use your wethered goats for to make life easier for you and for them to earn their keep? I was given a goat as a present for doing so well with my bottle lamb. I really love the little pain in my neck. Anyway, I was wondering if there’s a way for him to help me round the farm? Every little bit helps especialay when dad’s said he’s only going to pay for a limited amount of feed for my animals and if I want them I’ll have to find a way to pay for feed (especially ducks, got a bit addicted to them at the moment, especially hatching them).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
They can be trained to pull a cart, depending on size. Only good if you need the carrying help. As to raising $ it's more a dead end for this just one. The pellets are good fertilizer....use in garden or package and sell.

BUT you could sell those hatchling ducks to help out!

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can use him in an electric fence around your property with a few other friends since they are herd animals, and train him on that and then rent him out to people for $. Depending the area of peoples property that they want cut down, I would say $30-40 per acre.

Junior

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They can be trained to pull a cart, depending on size. Only good if you need the carrying help. As to raising $ it's more a dead end for this just one. The pellets are good fertilizer....use in garden or package and sell.

BUT you could sell those hatchling ducks to help out!
I was thinking a cart and he can help take the veggies and fruit from the garden. He could also help with getting food and water to the sheep and horse. And we do a horse/sheep poo mix and sell any leftovers. I'll be adding the goat's in as well.

Yes, I'm selling as many ducklings as I can. Any drakes we don't sell will be going in the freezer and ducks can go into the flock to add more eggs. There's 30 eggs either in the bator or under a broody right now so should get a few.

Latest posts