Wethers 3 yrs old has stopped eating. Any suggustions.. it has been a week... maybe few mouthfuls of hay .. sca

J williams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My 3 yr old. Whether just stopped eating. At first I thought maybe he was emotional upset cause we had a hawk come into the pen next to him and took off the head of one our chickens... he appeared very traumatized. Has stopped eating.. his feceses are totaling tablespoon size. Maybe one bowl movement a day. Refuses carrots green beans cheerios lamb pellets. Alphafa pellets he is urinating. Maybe a darker color . Been giving him pedialyte by syringe in mouth. Any suggestions... what I can do.. no fever... does get up on own

J williams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No fecal run. No sores in mouth that I can see. If I see sores in mouth. What could that be. He had been licking cabinets. Refrig he has a salt lick. He tries to eat dog food kibble. I have tried all his favorites carrots apples green beans Graham crackers cheerios.

J williams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Is his fecal like berries or logs? Hard or sold? Just trying to get more details.
Fecal like log hard very very small in size maybe 1/2 dollar size. That's it maybe once 2xs a day. I greatly appreciate your input thank you
Jan

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I probably sound crazy ...but I would give him some peanut oil in a syringe (1/3 cup)for bloat and a warm soapy enema to remove packed stool....and possible worms ( yep it has happened to me before) ..just keep up the enemas till you get clear water coming out, and use your gloved finger against the rectum to hold the fluid in to soften the stool for a few moments till he wants to shoot it out... place him across your lap and on a towel when you give him the fleet enema...good luck getting your little guy well and eating again :highfive:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I would cut the extras on the food list for him, just feed the goat pellets with ammonium chloride for UT health and feed him hay..and clean water

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks b&b wasnt sure about how to fix the bloat as i haven't had that happen.
Oil ( peanut or coconut oil ) works fast in goats for bloat, give it to them and walk or run the gas out of them, you can loose a goat fast to bloat if you don't get the gas out. This is when goat farts rule. Lol :highfive: