We've Been Keeping a Secret Over Here....

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG! When I went through the pics, that's the one I would choose too! :ep Seriously! :bow:love She's really looking to be a patroller vice watcher? I really want a partner/team mate for the male 1/2 toli 1/2 pyr I got from @Southern by choice back in May. I would prefer a 100% Pyr female from working parent stock as I contemplate breeding them as well. I think the resulting 75% pyr 25% Toli would be awesome as LGDs. Mine has almost pure Toli characteristics.

I LOVE the facial mask on Gray! He's gonna be a VERY handsome fella! They look so small! It's hard to believe they'll be over 100 pounds fully grown! May I ask the weights on the sire and dam? Expected weights for the pups at maturity?

Man... I really can't afford another LGD, and don't even have my goats yet! But I sooooo want to explore the possibilities! :th:duc I think I'm becoming an animal hoarder wannabe.... :hide

Edit: Hmmm one way road trip to VT... about 32 hours. Visit friends/family in Maine while up that way, have some real fresh seafood, then come back.... with a family addition? ;)

You definitely have an issue. ;) I think most of us on here do though.

She's almost 7 weeks old and so far she is more of a patroller than watcher. She's always been the first up to check something out (even at a couple days old!).

Gray is the "runt". He was one of the smallest at birth and was significantly smaller than everyone else at 4 weeks, but he is catching up now.

Mom is around 85 lbs and dad is somewhere around 90 at the moment. He should be 110 or so, but he is too active and doesn't eat enough so he's always super lean.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
The puppies are 15 weeks old and most, if not all, have homes. I am keeping two :)fl my dad doesn't murder me).

I was originally going to keep a male and a female, first Short Bus and then Lucille (Yellow), but as I watched them develop, I decided to keep 2 boys instead, Black (Merlin) and Orange (Mars).

Mars

Merlin

Yellow (Lucille) and Gray (Timmy) are heading to a Katahdin farm in PA after Thanksgiving.

Lucille

Timmy

Short Bus (Light Blue) is moving to NJ.

Mr Brown (bet you can't guess what color collar he had!) is possibly going to CT.

Watson (Red) is the LGD "failure" of the litter. He has always much preferred to hang out with people. He is good with the sheep too, but his preference is to hang out in the house. He is going as a pet to someone local, but he'll be here until January.

Tan (Willie), Blue (Fergus), Pink (Cotton), and Green (Twitchy) have all gone to other homes.

Mira and her spawn

"Kill Mommy!"

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
great pictures. boy have those babies grown! just seems like yesterday that you let us in on your secret.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
The puppies are gorgeous!!! Congrats on a beautiful litter!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, the laughs, and the update! Great looking litter and glad placings were successful! Kill mom.... love it! :lol:

Latest posts