What age do I wean the bunnies at?

TaylorBug

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There are some good answers here, but I would like to give my input. I’ve heard to wean show and smaller breed kits around 7-8 weeks. Take out the bigger ones first, and do them gradually so the mom doesn’t dry up all at once. Good luck with them and they’re super cute!

Suburban Rabbits

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just pulled 3 out of 5 kits away from their mom's today, at 5 weeks old. After smelling the new cage, the 3 rabbits started running around the cage as they seamed to enjoyed a less crowded cage. On mom's cage, the last 2 kits did also enjoyed more room and acted the same way, running around their cage, and driving mom crazy :weee

Stina

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you. They’re 5 weeks & 2 days today & I think I gonna take out the 2 kits that will be sold to separate homes first. The cage is getting a bit crowded for them & mom seems to be kind of annoyed with them at this point already. Anything I should watch out for since I’m separating them?

Suburban Rabbits

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nothing really special to pay attention at. Except to keep a close look at how they enjoy being rabbits, and show you how they can hop around in a less crowded cage.
They will feed, drink and cuddle like rabbits do.