What are the slow maturing Nigerian dwarf bloodlines?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is the FS you are talking about?
I know about linear appraisal infact I'll be getting to go to one at a local farm this coming spring (really excited to watch and learn) and I can possibly have one of my does appraised at the same time as hers as long as my does are bred to kid before may (the la is done in May at the farm I'd be going to)really hoping aameerah will make weight (I know not likely to gain enough to make it in such short time but one can hope right lol) but if not I will probably have my buckskin doe Cami done

Final score
Here is a screenshot from one of links Bayleaf meadows posted
You can see the individual scores and then the FS.
IMG_2154.PNG

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I missed the feeding question. I agree with SBC & OFA. Find a good dairy goat feed and they should be good.

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input on feed, I will be getting a bag of Bartlett goat pellets to switch her over to by this coming weekend (the only place that sells it around here closes at 6 monday-friday and I work until at least 6 everyday but they are open Saturday and I'm supposed to be off so :) thank you for the info on la and fs @Goat Whisperer

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have gotten a bag of Bartlett pellets and Am in the process of transitioning her to it. I have a question about her mom and I'm not sure where exactly to post it but here goes.
Her mom is due oct.9th but she has not started bagging up as of today (10/3) is this normal at all? Also she if firm on her left side squishy (for lack of better word) on her right her left side has even gotten "square" seems kinda flat while the other side is round. She still has her ligaments is still acting normal
IMG_20170930_180416.jpg

IMG_20170930_180420.jpg
These photos were taken Saturday

IMG_20171003_192624.jpg
IMG_20171003_193556.jpg

Taken today

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like she has a little "starter pack". Some does don't get an udder until the day they kid, and sometimes it takes a day to come in. We haven't had this problem, but others have.

Glad you got the Bartlett. We've had great success using it.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oops, sorry. I mean a little "starter pack" udder :)

If you place your hand flat under her belly, directly in front/up against her fore udder and GENTLY bounce her you can (most of the time) feel the kids.

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Goat Whisperer thanks and sorry I probably should of realized that is what you meant. Her udder is smaller now than when I got her in May....(she had just finished weaning aameerah) I have tried feeling for kids but haven't felt anything. The biggest change is how firm her left side got, Friday it was slightly tense feeling(still kind of squishy) and then Saturday it was firm and today again it was firm. I have placed my hand where you are saying and even that spot has gotten a little firmer, I just can't get over the difference between her right side and her left

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
The goats left side (when standing behind her and looking toward her head) is rumen. It will definitely change in firmness and density depending on what/when she ate. Sometimes you can feel kids on the right side if they are fairly far along. I will take my fist and push into the right side - sometimes a kid will push back.