what are these?

lorihadams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We were given some rabbits a while ago and I think one is a holland lop but not sure what the others are. We are thinking of getting into raising meat rabbits and are thinking of breeding the brown one. What breed are they?
100_1279.jpg

lorihadams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks, the 2 white ones are really sweet but the brown one is a b****! That's why we're thinking of using her to breed and then eat. :D

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They're cute, but seriously; if you want Meat rabbits you really should go with a meat breed...
You will get much more meat for all the food you will put in.
Those look small, might want to butcher all three for one meal! :gig

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Agree totally with above ... these would make nice bunny squab, but not good meat production rabbits. There is a time in breeding when we decided to get in or cut the losses ... this is one. Find a nice meat breed ... NZ/Cal ... and go for it. Production on these 2 breeds at 10 weeks is the same as what you have pictured at a year. Less feed more meat. MR and Lops are cute, but not really edible.

lorihadams

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks guys, like I said, they were gifts....love them for the bunny berries, my plants look great! We would go with a meat breed definitely in the future.