What breed is this guy?

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sorrel gelding. 14-14.1 hands.. He is very muscular. He came from an auction,no papers. His tail is most the time very slightly raised. What is he? Just ask if you need more information. I was thinking Arabian and Appaloosa mix, but i dont know.
He is also for sale if anybody is interested.
Visit these websites for more details:
http://hide-awaystables.webs.com/horsesforsalelease.htm
http://www.horseville.com/php/view.php?id=260897

1097_hak4.jpg

1097_hank5.jpg

1097_hank.jpg

1097_hank3.jpg

1097_hank2.jpg

1097_hank5.jpg

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
At least half-Arab, maybe 3/4 or purebred. If he is mixed, probably with a Quarter Horse.

Head is a little on the coarse side for Arabs but some purebreds do have heads like that.

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
michickenwrangler said:
At least half-Arab, maybe 3/4 or purebred. If he is mixed, probably with a Quarter Horse.

Head is a little on the coarse side for Arabs but some purebreds do have heads like that.
Thanks,thats what I am thinking,atleast half.
I always thought he was half appaloosa because he has striped hooves,the whites of his eyes showing,and the slightly speckled muzzle,and half arabian because of the stort back,the tail,and his sometimes "hotness" and short ears. But he isnt spotted?
So who knows. Lets see what others think.

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Heres another picture
1097_hank1.jpg

His ribs have always shown,though he is always VERY well fed and muscular.
Just wanted to say that,so you know I dont starve our horses. And some people always make false assumptions.

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There's a woman who rides the competitive trail and endurance rides who has a half-Arab, half-Appy that is a solid dark bay. The coloring doesn't always come through.

He looks a little more quarter horse-like in the newest picture. So I'd say half-Arab, half QH, although he could be 3/4 Arab, 1/4 QH.

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
michickenwrangler said:
There's a woman who rides the competitive trail and endurance rides who has a half-Arab, half-Appy that is a solid dark bay. The coloring doesn't always come through.

He looks a little more quarter horse-like in the newest picture. So I'd say half-Arab, half QH, although he could be 3/4 Arab, 1/4 QH.
Okay thanks.

mistee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
cant get the pic posted right now but my mare is 1/2 app 1/2 mustang and she pretty much is a solid bay,, no spot,, nadda..

if you go here and scroll all the way to the bottom she is the last pic and the horse on the left....... as you can see though the other is an app,,lol
http://www.truelovereborns.com/someofthecrittters.htm

o,, i know for a fact she is 1/2 app as i owned her momma and was there for the conception:)

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
my aunt has a 1/2 arab and 1/2 appy that is solid sorrel with a few white dots on his hips the size of a dime. and he is built like a quarter horse. so dont rule out the appy.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Definitely at least part Arab. I could see being part Appy too, with what you describe. There are solid colored purebred Appaloosas out there, just like there are solid Paints. He's a cute little guy. Some horses are just thin all the time, Arabs and Thoroughbreds tend to do that a lot, with their high energy level, they burn off all the calories instead of getting fat. You could try top dressing his grain with some corn oil if you want to try putting weight on him.

4-HKid

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ariel301 said:
Definitely at least part Arab. I could see being part Appy too, with what you describe. There are solid colored purebred Appaloosas out there, just like there are solid Paints. He's a cute little guy. Some horses are just thin all the time, Arabs and Thoroughbreds tend to do that a lot, with their high energy level, they burn off all the calories instead of getting fat. You could try top dressing his grain with some corn oil if you want to try putting weight on him.
i agree it has to hVE SOME ARAB IN HIM