What breed(s) is this dapple buck?

rescueblonde

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I work for the local humane society and a few months ago, we seized this guy from a neglect case. I took him home to foster. Long story short, the previous owners ended up surrendering him and he is now mine! His name is Wesley.

I'm not too sure on his age (or how to guess his age either) or his breed(s). I'd assume there's some Nubian in there with those ears!

He's 27 inches at the withers and weighs 50 lbs. He has not grown in height at all in the few months that I've had him. He has gained weight after being dewormed several times.

Does anyone with more experience have any guesses on some other breeds in him?

SoRL06K.jpg
zad2yLt.jpg
eBSjEZ9.jpg
XACeVLO.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course, hands on would be best but, from pics I'd say mostly Nubian with a little nigie in there (primarily due to the look of the horns). And you can estimate age by teeth.

He is quite "showy"....congrats.

rescueblonde

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you for your input! I thought he was a bit small for Nubian, plus his face looks wrong. I could definitely see Nigerian Dwarf in there too! He's gorgeous and I'm just crazy about him.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks mostly nubian to me.

By the size of his horns I would guess between 4-6 months, depending on his diet/health history.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG, what ever he is he is GORGEOUS. But then I have always been smitten by spots of any kind.

Latest posts