What BYH animal(s) is getting most of your attention and why?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Right now...it’s a toss up...not the chickens..they are a snap...the Mini pigs have been exploding with piglets for the last week..three healthy litters! Sooo, yes, that’s been, time consuming..but, heck, that’s great with me!! The goats take a good ammount of time, with milking, etc...but I’m in the groove.... the issue....the Rabbitry. Not only is there tons of chores, etc..but there is soo darn much paper work for these darn stinking fanspcy pants rabbits! And getying them to learn to pose, and be showable, etc..ugh...do I care about this stuff?? I wanted to get into better breeds because they would sell year round and make more profit...but now the work has tripled! Software for this, papers for that! Ugh! Plus..rabbit people lie! So....yes I love my rabbits...I really my rabbits...but I hate all the junk that goes along with them in order to make money at it....that’s the down side.....but...I had a barn full of rabbits last winter..feeding them all...none sold until Easter...sure I sold 46...but then, after that...everyone went back to breeders buying from breeders... so, I’m doin* that too...what a pain!!

we don’t have time to pasturize the milk or make goat milk...so we’ve decided to sell it for anim consumption or for goat soap only. We won’t have to pasturI’ve it..less work!! Well still make a bit...

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Right Now are new arrivals are taking our time. We have 5 goats and 8 chickens. Our 2 new goats are just babies and are skittish around people right now since they are new. Hope they get used to me!

Edit:ppossibly the goats take up time on the farm

JadeFarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My horse probably is the one that gets most of the time. Next is my chickens because I love to spend time with them and I have 20 of them. Third is the goats because I have to milk one and they are always causing trouble but I only have two. My dog takes the least time.

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! 97! Ok, so we have 32 and we count them daily before we lock the gate for the night. How do you keep up with all 97?
Ha! Well, there is three of us...me and my two sisters We each have our ”own” goats to care for. And we have headlock, headgate (what ever you want to call them lol) for everyone. Similar to a milk stand except rows and rows of them. Lol. All get locked up twice a day for feeding so everyone gets individual grain ration according to their need. Then all the bottle babies. All get fed of course and if one would go missing, we would notice right away. And we are out there a lot. You get to know them.
heres a pic after feeding hay after pm chores. 😊 Numbers are right now 112, milking 45. Total kids for the year is 85. Kept 14 in the herd. Sales are great this year.
6C136975-E853-48D0-A5CF-0AD829443B91.jpeg

Latest posts