What color am I?

Sundragons

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Having trouble figuring out the color on this Netherland Dwarf She's a little over 5 weeks at this point and as she grows, she's picking up more color. Originally we whought she was broken orange (because mom is orange, photo below), but now that she's got this black coming in, I don't know what to call her. Here's a couple photos from today:
IMG_20180121_150816.jpg
IMG_20180121_150833.jpg

Here's Dad, whom we understand to be broken sable marten
IMG_20180121_150857.jpg

And this is Mom, who is orange(?)
IMG_20180118_200938.jpg

Dad is pedigreed, but the previous owners did not provide / "lost" his paperwork ( he was an adoption). Mom is not pedigreed. So we have nothing to go on from the perspective of genetics besides what we see.

Would anyone like to weigh in?

Thanks in advance. :)

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think your doe is a very heavily brindled Harlequin and her daughter a Tricolor. The dark areas on your buck look pretty uniformly dark; I suspect he is a Broken Silver Marten rather than a Sable Marten (which does shades of brown like a Siamese cat)

Sundragons

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think your doe is a very heavily brindled Harlequin and her daughter a Tricolor. The dark areas on your buck look pretty uniformly dark; I suspect he is a Broken Silver Marten rather than a Sable Marten (which does shades of brown like a Siamese cat)

Yeah, I meant to actually say Colosso is a Silver Marten and my fingers betrayed me. :) I've got sable point on the brain today and it bled over when I asked. If it is any consolation, you also ID'd him as a silver Marten when I asked about him on the BYC site a few months ago as well. :)

Now to figure out how to input Harlequin as a color in Rabbit Register...