What color is this?

PittyLova

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm not super familiar with rabbit colors/genes as we're only a year in and focusing more on size/growth for meat. However, I'm trying to learn some more about colors and eventually the genes that go with that.

We have this chunky girl from our newest litter. As of right now she's probably a keeper because of her growth. But I'm curious as to what color she'd be considered? Her belly is all light and that one dark spot on her face the only spot like that. Would she be considered brindle? The buck is a broken chocolate that carries tri, the doe is a broken chinchilla.

20210717_140101.jpg

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It looks almost Harlequin-like based on the face split, but with the lighter belly I'm thinking something in the agouti family? Maybe like an Amber that is also realllyyyy smutty.

JirehFarmsTN

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm not super familiar with rabbit colors/genes as we're only a year in and focusing more on size/growth for meat. However, I'm trying to learn some more about colors and eventually the genes that go with that.

We have this chunky girl from our newest litter. As of right now she's probably a keeper because of her growth. But I'm curious as to what color she'd be considered? Her belly is all light and that one dark spot on her face the only spot like that. Would she be considered brindle? The buck is a broken chocolate that carries tri, the doe is a broken chinchilla.

View attachment 86960
This is called a “harlequinized chestnut”, or a “harlequinized castor” in Rex breeds 😊 They are very unique!

Latest posts