What color of babies will I get?

Jacob Zierke

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Some people call it a "pet shop litter;" one where every baby is a different color. You have a virtual rainbow of possibilities, just based on what we can see of the pair you have and their parents. You might even have a few genes we can't see, like chocolate and REW, that might pop up and surprise you.

But your likely colors are either solid or broken versions of:

Castor
Opal
Otter (black or blue)
Harlequin
Red
Tort (black or blue)
Black
Blue

Though frankly, anyone who would breed a Tricolor to an Otter probably has such mixed-up genetics in their rabbits, there's almost no telling what you might get!
Wow, i'm supper excited!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. As you've noticed, we have a few Rabbiteers here :D And you've barely scratched the surface! Perhaps you could take a moment of your time and write a quick intro post for the new member section so we can all welcome you properly! Thanks for sharing the pics! I know you had to to get the answers you were seeking, but we're all a bunch of pic addicts so pretty pictures are always appreciated! Nice looking bunnies you got there. Browse around and make yourself at home!

SavannahLeigh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in, otters will throw otters. :thumbsup I have a purebred Netherland Dwarf, who id black otter and she had 3 otter kits ;)

Jacob Zierke

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. As you've noticed, we have a few Rabbiteers here :D And you've barely scratched the surface! Perhaps you could take a moment of your time and write a quick intro post for the new member section so we can all welcome you properly! Thanks for sharing the pics! I know you had to to get the answers you were seeking, but we're all a bunch of pic addicts so pretty pictures are always appreciated! Nice looking bunnies you got there. Browse around and make yourself at home!
Thank you for the warm welcome! I see you are on BYC too!:thumbsup

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Many if not most here started on BYC and still maintain a presence over there. There are the occasional folks who started here first or came here and then went over to BYC. Many are on the other two sister sites as well... If you're interested, they're over ---> there in the side bar.

Jacob Zierke

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Many if not most here started on BYC and still maintain a presence over there. There are the occasional folks who started here first or came here and then went over to BYC. Many are on the other two sister sites as well... If you're interested, they're over ---> there in the side bar.
Yes, I saw them.:)