What do you think of my buck and does body build

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know how I just saw this... it never showed up that I was tagged.... I don't know much but in my eyes I would number them for best to not as great as the one before it (they are all very nice looking goats!)

Stella, naomi, sophie then cinnamon. Leader is a very nice looking buck as well! I left him out as I compared the ladies to each other only. All are very close in my eyes and you have some very beautiful goats!
Thank you sam. I am very great full to have these wonderful goats/kids. We are selling Naomi Stella and Sophie sadly :hit:hit:hit. They don't pass requirements to come into Canada.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have nice looking does TAH, i esp like Stella.

Ok so i have been trying to judge udders on my does and i have one who looked a fair bit like cinnamon's udder as a 2.5yr old 2nd freshener. I was under the impression that type of udder was not desired so had planned on not breeding her again. Is this correct or no? The main concern of course being a pendulous udder as she ages.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just curious, what specifically do they not pass to go to Canada?
We have to have a vet come thru and make sure all of our animals have not had diseases. Sophie has had hoof rot so that makes it so she can't come, Stella has lumps so if she comes back negative we will have to sell her because she has had something. If they come back with anything they can't go thru the border. I hope this makes sense.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have nice looking does TAH, i esp like Stella.

Ok so i have been trying to judge udders on my does and i have one who looked a fair bit like cinnamon's udder as a 2.5yr old 2nd freshener. I was under the impression that type of udder was not desired so had planned on not breeding her again. Is this correct or no? The main concern of course being a pendulous udder as she ages.
I have looked into it and they said it is very common with Alpine by there second to third freshening.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have to have a vet come thru and make sure all of our animals have not had diseases. Sophie has had hoof rot so that makes it so she can't come, Stella has lumps so if she comes back negative we will have to sell her because she has had something. If they come back with anything they can't go thru the border. I hope this makes sense.

I understand any disease part but hoof rot isnt generally a disease and is typically from wet ground or not trimming enough....most hoofed animals in wet spring climates have some small amount of "hoof rot" unless she actually has white line disease it should clear up with dry ground and routine trimmings.

I have looked into it and they said it is very common with Alpine by there second to third freshening.

I have not found that to be the case in my alpines but mine come from strong diary lines for the most part. My senior doe was 9yrs when she died and had 8 kiddings. Currently the one with the saggy udder is 6yrs old and had 4 kiddings which is ironic since she is my only registered alpine doe, i think part of her problem is she wont dry up on her left side. I have yet to see this doe freshen though she is bred now. Her last kidding was 2 yrs ago and she is still making milk without being milked :ep Our Experimental Saneen doe has only freshened once and is still in milk but my she has a nice udder, her mom milked over a gallon a day so i cant wait.

Really the worst udder so far is the one alpine doe and honestly it looks nothing like the bad udders ive seen online...i literally mean the ones people post in threads about their goats bad udders, not being mean here :hugs

Anyone else heard of it being an alpine trait? If i think about it most of the "bad" udders pics did look to be an alpine breed.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I understand any disease part but hoof rot isnt generally a disease and is typically from wet ground or not trimming enough....most hoofed animals in wet spring climates have some small amount of "hoof rot" unless she actually has white line disease it should clear up with dry ground and routine trimmings.
They still won't alow them thru if they have had it.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They still won't alow them thru if they have had it.
Well that sucks i'm sorry. I have heard its really hard to almost impossible to get them to ok any goat or sheep to travel thru canada...though easier then just importing them to canada. I wish we could import goat/sheep from canada...not really fair that we cant unless its for slaughter.