What got my chicks?

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
After more discussing we believe we have rats. We are going to bait for them, and set up traps.

Reactions: TAH

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's what we do, lol! So, should we take up the collection for a female pup and put you in charge? ;) I just love the look of those pups!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are so so cute! And huge!

Good luck trapping the rats. We've had rat issues and keep setting traps they avoid. My husband baits and shoots them. We need to set more traps though just in case. They've never gone after our egg layers but they did a number on our meat birds this year..
I HATE RATS!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a couple of snap traps, haven't set them out yet. Rats are very suspicious critters. The suggestion is to put them out with bait but DON'T set them for several days until the rats are confident they are just part of the scenery. Rats also tend to follow walls and their "known" paths so if you do have a game camera, maybe you can figure out where those are so you know where to put the traps.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OK @Bruce! Becoming a regular animal hoarder aren't you? First alpacas and now a 14 month old GP?! Congrats! Details man... we need DETAILS! Oh, and pics too once you have some ;) Sorry to steal the thread @luvmypets but I figure somebody better ask before we forget... most (some?) of us are getting old after all :duc:hide:lol: BTW, meant to say I really like your new avatar! Great pic!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK @Bruce! Becoming a regular animal hoarder aren't you? First alpacas and now a 14 month old GP?! Congrats! Details man... we need DETAILS! Oh, and pics too once you have some ;) Sorry to steal the thread @luvmypets but I figure somebody better ask before we forget... most (some?) of us are getting old after all :duc:hide:lol: BTW, meant to say I really like your new avatar! Great pic!
Its fine! I don't mind, and yes we need details!