What is stealing my VetRX?

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Three weeks ago I was cleaning up my bunny barn and put my little bottle of VetRX on a shelf in the barn. A week later I wanted to use some and could not find the bottle. Naturally I thought I must have put it somewhere else... but after searching high and low I went out and bought a new bottle.

The new bottle, used once, in its box, was put inside a glass jar ( no lid, didn't think I really needed one) and now the jar is empty and the bottle in its box has gone missing. Nothing else on the shelf was touched, or moved, just the glass jar.

What animal would want to take it?

I'm planning on getting another bottle and baiting a small no-kill trap with it. Any other ideas?

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How about a humin bein ??? Just tie a cotton rope made into a noose over an oak tree branch with a wooden stool underneath ... ( environmentally friendly ) . or call the sheriff :caf

Jered Norris

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have had similar problems with my chicken medicine cabinet. I tried looking for the items that had been stolen but couldn't find them. I set a trap and put some of the VetRX which my sister uses for her rabbits in it and sure enough the next day there was a large pack rat stuck in the cage.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm positive a human being isn't the culprit, and have yet to catch anything... but I'm thinking it is the squirrels. We have lots more squirrels than normal, and the acorn crop was absolutely pitiful this year.

Another odd thing has been happening... I've been finding holes, and tear marks in my feed bags. First assumption was mice, or rats, so I've put out the bait, freshened the traps and have only caught one thing... a bird. Told the husband that that was a fluke, but he said, no it was a sparrow. Funny guy.

Turns out we have a flock of little zebra headed little wren creatures that have become brazen to the point of feeding from the goats' food dishes as soon as the goats turn their backs. If you look at the tear marks on the feed bags it could be beak marks.

Bottom line, mice, rats, squirrels, or birds, we now have all feed stored in metal trash cans. Looks much more tidy but the little birds are walking around holding signs that say "unfair to little birds". Man, I can't win for losing some days.

Jered Norris

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Never usually had to many problems with the birds.

Latest posts