What is the latest you have seen a doe kindle?

Tre3hugger

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My doe is on day 36. I can see the kits moving in her belly. She has pulled a lot of fur and seems to have had a few false starts (in nest for hours, panting) but still no kits. Curious what is the longest you have seen a doe go and kindle a healthy litter? Thanks!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww, that's a bummer, ...she will have them soon, .?hopefully she will do you proud this time around then you can rebreed her again in three weeks so she gets into the cycle of what she needs to do for you..good luck, I will be waiting for the results when you post them.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's good to know, B&B Happy goats, cause my California White is on her 30th day. Its her first liter. All my others have never gone this long, so I was a lil worried. Thanks!
Don't fret yet, she wants them out of her more than you want to see them lol...they will be here shortly ( big smile and hugs to you)

LilTxFarmer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You were right, 4 days over due, she had 8 but lost 6. She was a first time mother and miscarried over the next 3 days after giving birth. And then my other young doe, had 6, but lost 2. And to make things more interesting my older doe surprised me with 6 and lost one. Dummy me needs to keep better records on who's been bred. Anyhow, all the survivors are doing well. :)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry you lost so many kits.....try again and see how they do next round...sounds like one doe got pregnant at different times and couldn't nourish /grow all kits to full term. Give them five weeks then re breed and try again ( personal preference of five weeks here) good luck next round ..

Last edited:

Latest posts