What is this crochet stitch????

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey all you lovely crochet folk out there... what is this stitch? Yeah I shamelessly stole the picture from Pinterest and can not find any instruction, just the picture.

It looks like the base is single crochet, chain 1, single crochet etc.
But the second row has me perplexed.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
what's this stitch.jpg

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw this last week and pondered it for a while, but couldn’t come up with any ideas. So I decided to wait and see what other people thought.

Maybe I will do a reverse image search and see what I can find. It does look like a neat pattern.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw this last week and pondered it for a while, but couldn’t come up with any ideas. So I decided to wait and see what other people thought.

Maybe I will do a reverse image search and see what I can find. It does look like a neat pattern.
Ok, let’s see if this link works. It’s a little video, and I think I could do the stitch. It looks pretty straightforward.

Yay! It worked!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie, thanks for the video link...

So it looks like a mosaic stitch where you always have the right side toward you? You start with a row of single crochet, chain 1, single crochet...

Then you do this "V" stitch on the row below the sc row you just did? So on the first pass you do the sc, chain, sc then cut your yarn. Next row without the normal turning, is this "V" stitch but you go down to the foundation chain row? Looks much easier once you get past that maybe.

Then the next row of sc the sc is done in the space of the chain from the just done "V" stitch row? And then another row of this "V" but it too is done in the ch space of the previous sc stitch row? At this point my head starts to hurt.

You game to try????

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie, thanks for the video link...

So it looks like a mosaic stitch where you always have the right side toward you? You start with a row of single crochet, chain 1, single crochet...

Then you do this "V" stitch on the row below the sc row you just did? So on the first pass you do the sc, chain, sc then cut your yarn. Next row without the normal turning, is this "V" stitch but you go down to the foundation chain row? Looks much easier once you get past that maybe.

Then the next row of sc the sc is done in the space of the chain from the just done "V" stitch row? And then another row of this "V" but it too is done in the ch space of the previous sc stitch row? At this point my head starts to hurt.

You game to try????
Lol, as if I need another project to add to my list!

But I have been thinking that I could make child-size scarves for my grandchildren for Christmas.

I wonder if you can do the purple color back and forth without cutting it. You’d still have to cut the blue yarn after every row.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
You game to try????
Ok, here’s all I’ve been able to come up with so far.
FDE5C4C4-0C39-418E-97CB-09B1948D5E4F.jpeg

I’m thinking that what they did was to crochet the whole purple part, and then go over it with the blue part. And in the video clip, they only show them doing the last row. Because now that I’ve done one row of each, there’s no way I can continue with the base color and make it connect with the first row. There will be a row of big holes. I’ll do another row and take another picture and show you what I mean.

40C71461-9311-4669-8955-CFBFB537B378.jpeg

You can see that my teal rows don’t even touch. So there is a lot more to this than that 14 second clip shows. I tried to find that Reeod.com website, but it doesn’t exist any more.

I’m going to fiddle with this a little more. See if I can make a teal scarf and then overlay the purple onto it. Now I really want to make a scarf in “mermaid” colors for my granddaughter. Even if it’s nothing like this.

Last edited:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I see where a problem lies... the V stitch goes in 2 rows down, not in the previous row.

You may be on to something thinking all the sc rows are done and then the V stitch is done... as you say we only see the last row done in the video. Darn it, I'd even pay for the pattern (which is something I rarely care to do) if it could be found.

I'll continue to fiddle with this too. Surely two intelligent ladies can figure this out!

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I see where a problem lies... the V stitch goes in 2 rows down, not in the previous row.

You may be on to something thinking all the sc rows are done and then the V stitch is done... as you say we only see the last row done in the video. Darn it, I'd even pay for the pattern (which is something I rarely care to do) if it could be found.

I'll continue to fiddle with this too. Surely two intelligent ladies can figure this out!
@animalmom I think this video clip is an example of “content farming”. DH and I were watching a plethora of stupid children’s videos on YouTube with our 2 and 4 year old grandkids. The kids were mesmerized. DH said Man, you don’t need ANY talent to make these videos and look how many millions of views they’ve gotten!

Eventually we clicked on a gummy bear one, and it was just a bunch of cheapo snack tricks you could make. Some of them looked good, but some were ridiculous. (Microwave squares of American cheese until they turn into hard crispy chips. Really?!)

Our college age daughter came in the room and said “oh, that’s that thing where they publish fake stuff just to get views. Some of the stuff can actually be harmful.” She said there are whole companies that churn out this cheap content, just to earn ad income. Then she showed me some stuff about content farming.

I think this crochet pattern doesn’t exist. They took some completely different piece of yarn work and made a 14 second video of someone doing an unrelated stitch on it. It’s totally faked. If it is content farming, that may be why the website that I found before no longer exists.

Last edited:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
You may be correct... just a shame as it is such a pretty stitch.

Seems par for the course with the news I've been reading... I don't really know if people are more vicious/deceitful/conning or are we just hearing about it more.

Bums me out, I need to go hug my goaties.

Latest posts