What is this empty feeling? :(

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Our two pregnant does have kidded. Everyone is healthy and wonderful and adorable. :love

We have no one else expecting (that I know of) and no breedings planned until fall. Kids will be sold in a few weeks.

I feel strangely empty :hit and slightly nervous that I might do something rash! Like buy a pg doe or a bottle baby... Or two!

I have it don't I???....G.A.S. or more appropriately K.A.S. Kidding addiction syndrome! :barnie :he

DH is going to :th

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Now, now, take a deep breath and relax.

Say to yourself: If I get another goat from another breeder that is preggers, I can expand the bloodlines in my little herd.

Explain to DH that it is only making the right and sensible path to goat success.

he he he he he, advice from a woman with a lotta GAS.

DonnaBelle

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ya know, come to think of it, I have been considering some stronger dairy lines! :bun

Whew, excellent advice! :D

I knew I could count on BYH! :clap

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:

Say to yourself: If I get another goat from another breeder that is preggers, I can expand the bloodlines in my little herd.

Explain to DH that it is only making the right and sensible path to goat success.

DonnaBelle
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are a mess!!!!!!!!!! :plbb but right! ;)

...and it could warrant getting another LGD! :gig

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:
DonnaBelle said:

DonnaBelle
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are a mess!!!!!!!!!! :plbb but right! ;)

...and it could warrant getting another LGD! :gig
That is coming soon anyway Southern! Once we finish fencing our 12 acres! And really, the bear and coyote population is quite large round these parts! Plus we'll have goats on two hillsides separated by a steam, obviously we need an LGD for each side! :celebrate

Ohhh Puppy breath! :drool

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gosh Stonewall sounds like you need 3 more... you know ... 2 teams... M/F one field and a M/F team in the other. You won't regret it.

I have 2 teams. Pyr/Anatolian and pyr/pyr .... We need more land so I can get more toli's and pyr's ;)

Oops ...goats and sheep first ;)

rascal

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:

DonnaBelle
SO TRUE!!!!!! Thats how I justifiy my purchases! :D Hubs has learned to just roll with it. :weee

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Southern is right, you guys are a mess. Now remember, you cannot buy just one goat, they must always come in twos. Oh and we ALWAYS try to have at least two due at the same time so they have company in the kidding pens, so if you get already bred ones, you will need to make sure they have a kidding partner, so you may need at least 4.

That many goats will surely requite more LGDs. I mean there is only so much they can do
right?

LOL...ok, going back to the kidding pen to watch Brandy now.

Latest posts