1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Help! My Rabbit just had babies - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

What Is This!!????......

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Pigs' started by MatthewsHomestead, Jun 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jun 29, 2018
    MatthewsHomestead

MatthewsHomestead Loving the herd life

Ok, official word from the vet I had out this am for my horse and goats is that it is likely her "in heat" discharge. So maybe this go around we will be preggers!

WVduckchick likes this.
  2. Jul 18, 2018
    sfgwife

sfgwife Chillin' with the herd

That looks like boy junks. Grew up on a hog farm and saw a lot of that. When the male does his thing the last part is kinda like a plug of sorts to keep it in her for a while so eggs get fertilized. It could also be her mucus plug. Both look very similar. Heat discharge is very not gelatinous clumps like this.

MatthewsHomestead likes this.
  3. Jul 18, 2018
    MatthewsHomestead

MatthewsHomestead Loving the herd life

So most likely he "got" her and I hopefully can expect little piglets in the future? What kind of signs should I look for if she is preggers?