what kind of animal is this?

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
cattlecait said:
I have little to no faith in the DNR, at least the Michigan DNR. Especially if the DNR guy said you can shoot coyotes but would not say that you could shoot THAT coyote.

Can coyotes and wolves interbreed? Could he possibly be an escaped wolf-dog hybrid?
Yes, they can interbreed.

MiDNR now admits that wolves are in the Lower Peninsula. Tracks and confirmed sightings in Cheboygan County (near the Mackinac Bridge for non-Michiganiacs). There have been some unconfirmed sightings as far south as AuGres which is 20 miles east of me.

AlaskanShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I say wolf too, and as to the "it's too cold for wolves".... My property is only a hundred or so miles from the arctic circle and there are wolves there.....

SpeedysBigRed

Just born
Reaction score
This has been a rough winter and that's a very healthy, winterized, fully-coated coyote. I have seen similar ones in and around the Rio Grande National Forest in Southern Colorado.

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well, our wonderful dnr was on the news 2 nights ago denying that there are mountin lions in the area. the story was about a mountin lion that an amish man shot in his pasture!!! at the end of the story the dnr said IF there were any lions in the area they are just males looking for a territory.

there have been sightings, pictures, and video of them around here for YEARS. and some of the pictures were of half grown cats.