What microscope for fecals?

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I want to try doing my own fecals but what microscope should I get? I have one of those cheap 100/400/900x microscopes that I have had since I was a teenager.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That should be sufficient. I bought one for my grand daughter, now I use it and she "borrows" it. LOL If you don't have the McMaster slides, I bought a kit from Amazon, here's a link.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
That should be sufficient. I bought one for my grand daughter, now I use it and she "borrows" it. LOL If you don't have the McMaster slides, I bought a kit from Amazon, here's a link.

So, wait...did you buy the whole kit together, meaning the $264...I was hopping to find a used one cheaper

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think I will just buy the slide from Eggzamin $15 with free shipping and just use a small kitchen strainer. Then use SBCs formula for the solution.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I
I think I will just buy the slide from Eggzamin $15 with free shipping and just use a small kitchen strainer. Then use SBCs formula for the solution.
if you just buy that..will you be able to check fecals without the microscope?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought the slide and beaker kit for &74.95
Well, that’s more my price range! Thanks! So, you just use those tubes, and slides...without a microscope...and are able to do a fecal? Am I missing something here..that seems too good to be true.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, that’s more my price range! Thanks! So, you just use those tubes, and slides...without a microscope...and are able to do a fecal? Am I missing something here..that seems too good to be true.
Yes, you are missing something! LOL I had bought my grand daughter a microscope and now I use it and she borrows her microscope whenever she needs it. haha

Latest posts